Find
Notify
Tools

What it's worth, vari-x 3
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Rub Line
posted
I have a Leupold Vari-X 3 and I was wondering what it would be worth if I sold it? It is a 3.5x10 and in near perfect condition. I guess I don't know the difference between the VX and Vari-X. I checked gunbroker and they were all over the place on price.

Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him. Proverbs 26-4

National Rifle Association Life Member

Posts: 1992 | Location: WI | Registered: 28 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The VX-III is a later variation of the Vari-X III. Price, of course, depends, on condition. I would pay more for an "as new" Vari-X III than for the later VX-III in cosmentically less-than-perfect condition. Model for model, the VX will probably bring perhaps $50 more than the Vari-X simply by virtue of being the later model. The fundamental improvement of the VX-III over the Vari-X III is in its advertising hype.

Ebay (like it or not) will show you pretty consistent pricing at the current market. Three hundred is about as cheap as a decent Vari-X III goes, and a nice one will be somewhere short of $400. Leupold is just about to replace the VX-III line, so those have been on closeout at wholesale, thus depressing the market for all of the III lines a little bit.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote