Find
Notify
Tools

Weaver V16 Problem
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Col K
posted
I picked up a V16 with a target dot reticle about five years ago. After one trip out groundhog hunting, the dot seemed to slide horizontally from the vertical line. I returned it and it was fixed. After one use, the dot slipped again. I set the rifle aside while I was overseas ... when I came back, the reticles had snapped completely. I like the scope but I just can't keep it working. Is anyone else familiar with this problem or did I just get a lemon? I'm not sure if I should send it back again or just give up on Weavers.

Posts: 350 | Location: GA by way of PA, OH, KY, TX, VA, and NC | Registered: 10 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Col K,

I use the same Weaver scope with a different reticle (a Duplex) on a 7mm Remington Magnum Savage 110 FLP. It has taken a pounding over the years but keeps on ticking. I'm very satisfied with mine.

With all the varmint shooters out there using this scope - I'd send it right back to Weaver and ask 'em to make it right! Then mount it and keep on driving!

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got one and it has been on a .223, a .22-250, a .25-06, and a 7 Mag. Not a problem, even when I dropped the rifle in a soft case and it landed on the elevation adjustment dial. Did smush the cover a bit, but no problems with the scope. Great buy for the money, but if I replaced it today, I would probably get a 4.5X14 Grand Slam or VX III

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"