Find
Notify
Tools

Elite 3200, Will It Handle Recoil?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Zeke
posted
I have the Bushnell Elite 3200 10x wannabe tactical scope. It's been on my AR since I bought it. It's a great scope!
It's the time or year when I head over to Central Oregon to play in the desert. I robbed the 4.5x14x40 Nikon Buckmaster off the 300 Weatherby and installed it on my AR.

Now I had a rifle with no scope on it. A situation not tolerated here.
I went ahead and put the Elite 3200 on the 300 Weatherby in Warne mounts.

It has enough eye relief to avoid eye bash.

I'm thinking that because it's a fixed power scope, it should handle recoil just fine.
Does anyone have any experience with this scope on a heavy kicker?

OK, I know a 300 WBY is a mouse gun around here, but the rifle kicks hard off the bench. It already trashed one scope.

Thanks in advance.

ZM

Posts: 655 | Location: Oregon Monsoon Central | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i had one on my 458 lott and it held up just fine. i put about 200 rounds through it before i sold the rifle/scope.

Posts: 165 | Location: michigan | Registered: 06 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Mounted properly, it will do just fine.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9403 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Zeke,

You have good words to say about the 3200 fixed 10x scope. I'm looking for a fixed 10x now, and see that Weaver also makes a fixed 10x. Do you by any chance know anything about the Weaver, and how it stacks up against the 3200?

Thanks in advance.

Don

one of us
Picture of Zeke
posted Hide Post
I can't speak about a modern Weaver. My Weaver is an old El Paso steel tubed K4.

My Elite 3200 spends most of it's time on my AR15. It's a really good match for the gun and I like it a lot. For the money it can't be beat.

But I need a variable for Central Oregon so I'm playing a round of musical scopes.

Elite 3200 10x on my AR15

Posts: 655 | Location: Oregon Monsoon Central | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mr.pepper
posted Hide Post
My 300 WSM trashed a Bushnell Elite 3200 3x9x40, sent it off got a replacement from Bushnell. No charge to me and its going back on my 300 WSM. If this dose the same thing as the last one Im going to get a Leupold. Oh and it was after 120 or so rounds went thru it.

''People should say what they mean and mean what they say. Life is too short to be lead down the wrong path.''

Posts: 184 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
have a friend who ,in Alaska had a broken scope. He bought a Bushnell Trophy! and put it on a 338 or 416 ,cant remember which. worked fine and is still on gun SO that 3200 will be fine

Posts: 744 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
had one on a 470 - worked fine

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote