Find
Notify
Tools

Zeiss Conquest 1.8-5.5x38
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of sherpi
posted
Does anyone have this scope. Is it good opticaly and can it stand the recoil of a 9.3x62 riffle.

Sauer and Zeiss, perfect match.
Sherpi

Posts: 134 | Location: Iceland | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have said scope on a 9,3x62 rifle.

Is a larger scope ... essentially the size of a 3-9x40 MC Conquest. As a result is a little heavy.

Optical quality is excellent. So far no problem with recoil at all.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree with mstarling. The scope is optically very nice, but on the heavy size compare to the power range that it is offered in.

Posts: 750 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the scope on a .375 H&H with quarter rib. I love the scope. Very clear. Heavier than the 1.5-5x20 Leupold but not too heavy.

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We have sold a bunch of these scopes. We now have them on our Weekly Special @ $349.99, http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/zeiss.pl?page=521435 and have heard back some great feedback from guys who have purchased them.

Have a great day,
Doug
gr8fuldoug@aol.com
Camera Land
516-217-1000
www.cameralandny.com

Posts: 3695 | Location: Old Bethpage NY | Registered: 08 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought one from Doug, I have not tried it in anger yet (other than a bit of sight-in work). I was surprised how long this scope is - about 1" longer than a Conquest 3-9, say.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have one on a 404 Jeffrey....I switched from a Loopie 1.5x5 due to better low light ability (leopard). I compared them at home when the sun had set....Conquest won. I got the #4 reticle. Great scope. Also got it from Doug.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gr8fuldoug:
We have sold a bunch of these scopes. We now have them on our Weekly Special @ $349.99, http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/zeiss.pl?page=521435 and have heard back some great feedback from guys who have purchased them.

Doug.
Your ad says this is a scope for shotguns and muzzleloaders.
But it seems like it fits big bore rifles as well?
By the way, do you sell abroad (Norway)for that Weekly Special price ?

Arild Iversen.

Posts: 1879 | Location: Southern Coast of Norway. | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doug at Camera Land will sell you a Conquest 2.5x8 for about the same money and it's about 5 ounces lighter. That's what I have on my 9.3.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Doug

I assume you can't do the price special on one with th eNo.4 reticle.

Jim

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Arild

I asked the question myself just in the past few days, and Doug of Cameraland simply will not sell any scope to you if you are outside the US.

No doubt there are others who'll be happy to have your business though - I've dealt with several who are happy to send scopes to Australia Smiler .

Posts: 92 | Location: follow the yellow brick road | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Zeiss likes to reuse modules among the scopes in their lines. I was thinking I would get a Conquest 1.8-5X38, but it turned out big and heavy as noted above.

It reminds me of a S&B I used one season on a .308. Great glass, but too much of a good thing.

jim

if you're too busy to hunt,you're too busy.

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can try to get you the #4, it would just take a week or so to get it.

No, I am sorry, we do not ship riflescopes outside of the USA.

Have a great day,
Doug
gr8fuldoug@aol.com
Camera Land
516-217-1000
www.cameralandny.com

Posts: 3695 | Location: Old Bethpage NY | Registered: 08 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Doug

If you can get me one with the No. 4 reticle for that price, I will certainly take one. Send me a PM.

Thanks

Jim

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just checked and the #4's are backordered for a few weeks from Zeiss. I'll honor that price for either the 2.5-8 or the 1.8-5.5 but it will be a few weeks for delivery

Have a great day,
Doug
gr8fuldoug@aol.com
Camera Land
516-217-1000
www.cameralandny.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
Doug

Just send me a PM and I'll call and give you my AMEX card info.

Jim