New
Find
Notify
Tools

Safety glasses
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What kind of safety glasses is everyone wearing when shooting (you are wearing them, right)? After reading a thread in the reloading section about a gun accident, I'm wondering if my cheap safety glasses ain't cutting it anymore. Better than nothing I guess, but it's got me thinking.

Posts: 70 | Location: N. Utah | Registered: 08 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought a bunch of Radian's TacPro safeties that were on sale at Midway. They are metal frames with great coverage and are available in lots of colors. I got clear, smoke, and bue mirror to take with me to Tanzania. Seems to me they were $10-12 a pair.

I have two sets of Remington shooting glasses as well. Funny thing though ... in RSA in 2004 I found out that one cannot see a Kudu in the cover when wearing blue blockers! Damned thing. He'd step into the shadows and simply disappear.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
still using my old B&L's clear, gray & yellow

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Shoot, I have a bunch, including some Zeiss and Oakley shooting specific glasses with several different lenses (colors), but I usually end up wearing one of the 4 or 5 pairs of safety glasses I got at Home Depot, work great and cheap enough, plus I'm confident of their safety factor.

The Zeiss are really good, but I got mine free on a scope purchase promo, they are a little spendy if purchased solo I think.

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote