THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    Any thoughts on the Kowa TSN-601 60mm spotting scope?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any thoughts on the Kowa TSN-601 60mm spotting scope?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I finally bought a spotting scope-a small one that will not weigh too much and fit in my shooting box.I will be using it to view bullet holes mostly at 100yds.I got the 25X LER eye piece.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the 884. The downside is that with a sturdy tripod, it fills a pack. The upside is that it has the best optics that I've ever seen. My prior scope was a 65 mm Swarovski. Anything over about 35x was just a bigger blob with that scope. With the 88 mm Kowa, I can rev it up to 65x and still see small details.

Posts: 10702 | Registered: 28 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I looked through mine yesterday and I liked what I saw.For a more serious purpose I would probably have gotten yours.My only problem now is if the bench tripod I bought will be tough enough for the job.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
Nice scope. for your stated purpose, it should be more than adequate.

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1964 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would be interested to know how that scope works out for you. Should fit nicely in a pack. As you know good tripods are essential. I've had good luck with carbon fiber.

Posts: 10702 | Registered: 28 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I tried it at the range and all is good.My only regret is that I did not choose the straight viewing model instead of the angled one.With angled view I need to get up off of my seat and stand up to get a view.With the straight view I could look through without getting up.Standing up makes me need to re-adjust my sitting shooting position each time.I have not tried the scope at 200yds but I think I would need something more powerful for that.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I was out at the range with it today and I was impressed.It has a really clear image and there is a chance that it can work for 200yds as well.
Next time out I will take a picture of it.

One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:
I finally bought a spotting scope-a small one that will not weigh too much and fit in my shooting box.I will be using it to view bullet holes mostly at 100yds.I got the 25X LER eye piece.

Shootaway,
The 601 is a very good scope. I had the larger 80mm Kowa and changed to the 601 for a smaller, lighter package. Been using it for years and have found no need to upgrade. I have been able to use a friends 80mm with the flourite lenses and it is almost to good but it comes at a steep price.

Posts: 757 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote