Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leica 1200 range finder ??
 Login/Join

posted
I just ordered one.. for shooting P-Dogs.. what can I expect out of it... thanks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've had one for about a month which I use for ranging my targets and I love it. I haven't ranged anything small like a prairie dog sized target, but I have gone out to 800 yards on a vehicle with no problems. The optics are top notch, very clear and sharp resolution. Its also very compact, about the size of a digital camera so it fits into your pocket easily. The only thing I wish it had was a tripod mount because it can be a bit difficult to hold steady when trying to range something at a long distance.

Posts: 192 | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
I just got a crf 1200 yesterday, haven't had a chance to put it through it's paces yet. From the research I did it was the best unit out there.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
Great lil unit...2nd best to the Swarovski model.I have both.The Leica is lighter,smaller and ranges faster...The Swarovski is a lil bigger and heavier,has about a 4 second delay,but will range to about 2100 yds! Also,I dont need my Binocs anymore as it is the clearest glass I have seen and 8x..My African PHs and Alskan Guides were amazed with it!....But,the Leica has its advantages too...

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
excellence
thats
Leica Big Grin
regards

Posts: 999 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
The best.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13396 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote