Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mueller Tac II, anyone?
 Login/Join

posted
Hi Guys, just wondering if anybody has this scope, or used on? Looking for a new scope for my Rugar VT .223. Any feedback would be great. My other choices are a Nikon Buckmaster, or a Burris FFII. These scopes are all in the 3-14 power range. Rifle dosen't get used alot, so big bucks for one is out. Mainly Paper punching, and a little varminting. Thanks, Al

" Ask not what you can do for your Country, but what the "Broth"a can do for you. "

Posts: 15 | Location: S.E. Mo | Registered: 21 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i've got a few of the muellers & they work fine. not the optical quality of euro type stuff, but then again they are only 10% of the price. Only problem i've had is the eye relief is a bit on the short side

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
another one to look at in the lower price range is the new millets

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
When you mention short reguarding eye relief, how short. In other words, like scope glued to your eye short? I have a Weaver 2x8 on my K Hornet, and find it more criticle of eye placement than a Burris on another rifle. But to be honest, its mainly when cranked up powerwise though. Thanks for the reply, Al

" Ask not what you can do for your Country, but what the "Broth"a can do for you. "

Posts: 15 | Location: S.E. Mo | Registered: 21 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Zeke
posted Hide Post
I have a Mueller 3.5x10x44 and a couple of Nikon Buckmaster scopes.

The Mueller is an ok scope. The glass is good but not as good as the Buckmaster.
It has short eye relief and isn't up to much recoil. I put it on my 300 Weatherby for one range session and it lasted seven rounds. The scope got uncomfortably close to my eye during those seven rounds. Mueller made it right, but this scope is sitting on a 270 and I probably won't get another Mueller for a hunting rifle.

Go with Nikon or a similar quality scope.

Posts: 655 | Location: Oregon Monsoon Central | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote