Find
Notify
Tools

Kahles Multi Zero
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of woods
posted
I would like to recommend the Kahles Multi Zero scope. I put a 4x12x52 on a new 280AI and have been working out the kinks.

First of all, it is very clear and has a side focus which I really like. I am shooting a 160 gr Accubond at a little over 3000 fps and calculated the trajectory and where the bullet would hit at the 100 yard range. I put orange dots on a target in a ladder by dividing the drop by the yardage and took it to the range.

It was easy to set the stop for the 100 yard zero and easy to move the marks to where I wanted

The bottom one is for 100 and the others going up are for 200, 300, 400 and 500 yards. I moved the 400 yard mark after seeing where it hit.

If anyone is considering a Multi-Zero, go for it.

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SempreElk
posted Hide Post
Scope is a real piece of work. Unfortunately I think a lot of shooters are confused by the so called " complexity " of it. DIdn't the product manager who introduced it get canned?

Posts: 1779 | Location: Southeast | Registered: 31 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
Don't know, but if they discontinue them and start a fire sale, I'm gonna stock up.

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello,
I am assuming the scope you are using has multiple cross hairs/dots/hash marks, etc. for various yardages?? Your caliber listed is fairly flat shooting and corresponds to some military calibers and you might want to try the next time you are shooting your rifle, come up some 2 moa for the two hundred mark, i.e. from the 100 yard zero, and then some 3 moa for each additional yardage. Believe you will find it quite close to what you show here. Rule of thumb, 3 moa/100 yard out to 700 yards. Not exact, but will be pretty close impact to where life "begins or ends..."

One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by driver:

I am assuming the scope you are using has multiple cross hairs/dots/hash marks, etc. for various yardages??

No, the Multi-Zero has only the one crosshairs and I have this scopewith the 4A reticle.

With this system you can set the zeros where ever you want to fit any trajectory. Essentially I could put it on a 50 cal muzzleloader and set the marks for 50, 100, 150, 200 and 250 yards or put it on a 30-378 and set the marks for 200, 400, 600, 800 and 1000 yards. It doesn't matter which caliber or trajectory, you get to set it where you want.

You can download the instruction video here, I use the .wmv one on the bottom.