New
Find
Notify
Tools

zeiss conquest 1.8-5.5 or 2.5-8x
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm getting ready to scope my new ruger 375 hawkeye. I was originally looking at a 2.5 -8 leupold, but have taken a shine to the conquest line. Other than being a little heavier than the leupold's, are there any other drawbacks to the line. And does anyone know the max ring spacing for these two models?

Len Hawkins

one of us
Picture of woodseye
posted Hide Post
Can't think of too many drawbacks....other than they may be a little heavier. The etched reticle and optics are probably best in their class. I see cameraland is selling them from the NRA show for $399@. They got great resale value....fact you seldom see anybody selling them. I've been trying to find someone to trade me one for a vari x lll. Wish I could help on ring spacing but mine are all 3x9 and 3.5x10's. I love that 4" of constant eye relief........

Savage ML'er....... a New Generation Traditionalist....... Thanks to Henry Ball

Posts: 672 | Location: Northern Border Country | Registered: 15 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one of each. Ring spacing on the 2.5x8 is 6". Spacing on the 1.8x5.5 is 5.75". The 2.5x8 has a smaller front bell hence more ring space. Unless you want a very low profile scope I would buy a 3x9 or 3.5x10 as opposed to the 2.5x8. I bought it because I used it on a gun that needed max ring spacing available and gained about an extra 1/2" with that model. Bought both from Doug at Camera Land from his sample list. Great savings and in perfect condition with full warranty. He just listed some from the NRA show in classifieds posted by gr8fuldoug.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote