Find
Notify
Tools

looking for sako finnwolf rings????
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of POP
posted
Looking for 30mm rings that will fit the original sako finnwolf bases. Would like to keep original configuration for peep sight use.

does the Finnwolf take the same rings as the Sako 75 or 85.\

My blog: Please Comment and Follow
https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com

Posts: 3863 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
I could be wrong on this, but given the time period when the Finnwolf was manufactured, I would think it would use the same mounts as the older Sako's such as the Finnbear or Vixen. This is based upon the assumption (which could be totally wrong) that the Finnwolf's have a groved receiver like the older Finnbears. If it's drilled and tapped, look into bases for a Win. 88 since they are very similar and might work. Again, this is just a guess on my part, so check it out before spending any $$.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2317 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Ask this on the Sako forums. According to an old B&L scope base chart the Finnwolf is unique, but it may be the same as a new rifle.

http://sakocollectors.lefora.com/

Update. Tom Z. is correct.

an old Weaver chart shows a one piece win 88/100 #53 is the same

Posts: 6440 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rub Line
posted Hide Post
quote:
does the Finnwolf take the same rings as the Sako 75 or 85.\

I know the finnbears and the 75/85 all use the same rings. I think all sako bolt guns use the same rings, only the spacing is different. Your finnwolf appears to have the same rings as my finnbear rifles, however a better pic of the top of the receiver would help.

The sako website has tons of information on older Sako guns, perhaps you could try there. They have manuals and parts listed for discontinued models.

-----------------------------------------------------

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him. Proverbs 26-4

National Rifle Association Life Member

Posts: 1992 | Location: WI | Registered: 28 September 2007Reply With Quote