New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swaro 8 X 30
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I might just be a dumbass but I can't figure out the difference in the Swarovski 8 X 30 binos. Some ar around $900 and some are around $1800. I have read everything I can but I still don't see the difference. Help?

Windage and elevation, Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation...

Posts: 944 | Location: michigan | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The EL model is the highest grade Swarovski makes, and the SL is their other line, which is less expensive. Both are great glass.

Posts: 20140 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
Biebs is right: EL is the top line, SLC the 2nd, but there will be a ne CL Companion 8x30 coming up in July

BUT: if You look for the best you could get, you should go to the 8,5x42 SWAROVISION - it´s a bit heavier so, but the optics is much superior, even compared against teh EL 8x32 WB ! Definetly!

Klaus

life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
www.titanium-gunworks.de

Posts: 759 | Location: Germany | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There goes Klaus again, always pushing his Swaro brand! I never knew Zeiss and Leica optics were such a POS...until he told me!!!! :-)

Swarovski = Ausgeseichnet!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 20140 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I carried 10 X 42 on my first elk (non-Swaro's) and I am thinking I want to shave weight and go with the 8 X 30's. But I might wait for the new models.

Windage and elevation, Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation...

Posts: 944 | Location: michigan | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It looks to me, based on the style and the price points, that the Companion line will replace the current SLs. They look more like the EL style, and are priced about like the SLs, so I don't know why they'd carry both, unless there's some special feature I'm not aware of.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have tried the SLC's and the EL's - I prefer the SLC's for clarity and ease of use.

Posts: 10269 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote