Find
Notify
Tools

Recoil Limit with a Kahles 3.5-10x50 AH
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Code4
posted
Anybody had one of these fall apart under recoil ?

Posts: 1433 | Location: Australia | Registered: 21 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
Nope. Mine is on a Steyr 30-06 which is plenty light and I shoot a 200 gr bullet so it kicks about like my 300 win mag.

No problems yet.

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got a 3-12x56 on a .300 Win Mag which gets handled pretty roughly, so far it's held up for 3 or 4 years and a couple of hundred shots, but this is just one example.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Mounted properly, most of the better scopes will hold up just fine under virtually any type of recoil. Granted, there are exceptions to every rule, but correctly mounting the scope is equally as important -- if not moreso --than the actual structural integrity of the scope itself.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9412 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote