Find
Notify
Tools

Does this exist???
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of arrccod
posted
I was shooting with a spotting scope @ 60 power this weekend and when we move to 400 yds we couldn't consistantly see the 22 cal bullets. This wasn't a high end spotter ...but wasn't a no name either......
I was wondering if there is a place that would ship you a demo scope....with a credit card and you could qualify the scope before you buy???? It would be nice to order a swarovski compare it side by side and decide whether its worth the price. If you don't think so you send it back and no charge on your credit card.....if you do like it...you send it back an new one is sent and your card billled.
Or am I living in a dream world?????

Arrccod

Feared by all. Respected by none.

Posts: 28 | Location: Scranton,PA | Registered: 26 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wayne Elmer
posted Hide Post
Call Doug at CameraLandNY and tell him what you want to do. Service is outstanding and he carries premium optics at very competitive prices. He posts here as gr8fuldoug, and you will have no problem finding references to his excellent service and prices.

CameraLandNY

Posts: 119 | Location: Duluth, MN | Registered: 31 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Seeing 22 Caliber bullet holes at 300yds and beyond is often a function of the atmospheric conditions as much as anything else.
It's of course much harder to see a black bullet hole on a black bullseye than it is on a white background so choose your targets accordingly. But don't be miffed if even the high end spotters can't see 22 caliber holes at 400yds when the conditions are bad.........................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SempreElk
posted Hide Post
YOu can contact www.eurooptics.com and ask for Alex. They will ship you an item to test it and if your happy you pay for it. I have used them a time or two. I believe they are in eastern PA

Posts: 1779 | Location: Southeast | Registered: 31 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
2 things - once you look thru the swaro you're gonna be hooked. it'll just be a question of time before you really NEED one. 2nd even thru my swaro or leica 60 power is hard to use on warm days, mirage being the word. even on good days you will have a degree of difficulty seeing 22 holes. it'll do it, but it does depend on weather

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of arrccod
posted Hide Post
Thanks for ther replies...the euro optics seems like its just what I'm lookin for Thanks!

Arrccod/Bill

Feared by all. Respected by none.

Posts: 28 | Location: Scranton,PA | Registered: 26 April 2004Reply With Quote