New
Find
Notify
Tools

Air Rifle scopes
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Any recommendations for air rifle scopes for under $100? I use it to remove pest from my garden. Thank you.

Posts: 595 | Location: camdenton mo | Registered: 16 October 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Spring piston, pump, or pre-charged pneumatic?

.177, .20, .22, or .25 caliber?

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not that experienced w/airgun scopes but I understand they take quite a beating b/c of the physics of airgun recoil. Make sure to do your research & buy the best you can afford.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got a BSA XL Tactical

http://www.bsaguns.co.uk/sgun_XL_tactical.php

so figured I'd go with a BSA scope as well; got the BSA Air Rifle 3-12x44 (current Model is a 4-12x44)

http://www.bsaguns.co.uk/scopes_essential.php

In a set of inexpensive BKL Technologies mounts:

http://www.bkltech.com/1inch-S...mm-Dovetail-s/57.htm

Scope was inexpensive as scopes go, certainly at the time (coupla years ago) less than $100. Mounts were Dirt Cheap. Although had second thoughts about the scope, BWTH ..... it's been a solid Air Rifle scope and shoots right along with the capabilities of the Rifle -. can't complain. All Vermin within range of my front & back balconies are simply targets of opportunity, Magpies, Pigeons, Rats, Mice - you get the picture.

Waidmansheil

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information. I was in Germany in Oct and renewed my Jadgscheine for 14 days as I was invited to hunt with an old school friend of my wife. We were hunting Wild boer and Roe deer. I shot a nice Roebock but saw no pigs as it was the wrong time of the month for a full moon. My host really good equipment for me to use. A Heym Ruger #1 with a set trigger and a 3x12x50mm scope and a set of Zeiss 8x50mm Binos. We were hunting directly on the French border.

Posts: 595 | Location: camdenton mo | Registered: 16 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
Spring piston, pump, or pre-charged pneumatic?

.177, .20, .22, or .25 caliber?

George
I have a 17 caliber spring piston Weihrauch about 25 years old and I need a scope because of my old eyes.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
air rifle scopes - especially when mounted on spring guns take a real beating. cheap scopes usually fall apart quick and even good ones will. normally there are special scopes for them.

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote