THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    Desire recommendation For Moderate Priced Red Dot Sight For Light Rifle

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Desire recommendation For Moderate Priced Red Dot Sight For Light Rifle
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have no experience and almost no knowledge when it comes to red dot sights.
I am interested in a red dot sight for a 30 Carbine rifle (Marlin Lever Action) which will not have substantial recoil.
Prefer one with 2 or 3 MOA dot. Don't need magnification, but some would be OK.
Also think I would like a high end one like ZEISS, but the price for one of those exceeds my budget. (If I could buy a used ZEISS Z POINT RED DOT SIGHT for around $230 I would do that.)
Can someone recommend one that is reliable and available at moderate cost (Under $150 new)

Bob Nisbet
DRSS & 348 Lever Winchester Lover
Temporarily Displaced Texan
If there's no food on your plate when dinner is done, you didn't get enough to eat.

Posts: 830 | Location: Texas and Alabama | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
The most known and used on is probably the Docter Sight here in Europe...

http://www.titanium-gunworks.d...itanium-gunworks.de/

but if you are looking for something illuminated for helping to better aim, have a look at my illuminated fron sight:

http://www.titanium-gunworks.c...ht-daynightfire.html

here in the dawn:

Klaus

life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
www.titanium-gunworks.de

Posts: 759 | Location: Germany | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
You might want to give these guys a try. I have no personal experience with their scopes but have heard good things about them from guys at my gun club. One of the few red dots with a real warranty.

http://www.ultradotwest.com/

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2314 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am leaning toward the EOTech.
I think I found a good (although not inexpensive) price, as noted in another thread.

Bob Nisbet
DRSS & 348 Lever Winchester Lover
Temporarily Displaced Texan
If there's no food on your plate when dinner is done, you didn't get enough to eat.

Posts: 830 | Location: Texas and Alabama | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted Hide Post
I am just asking similar question

Anybody using a micro sight aim point ?

Posts: 1661 | Location: London | Registered: 14 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by londonhunter:
I am just asking similar question

Anybody using a micro sight aim point ?

I have two or three of the Bushnell Micro's - 3moa dot in a 25mm body. They have shrugged off 300gr. 1250fps loads from a .44mag with no issues at all.

Other than the dot being a tad more difficult to find on a handgun (smaller tube), the dot is superb. I imagine the Aimpoint wouldn't be much different from a useability perspective. 25mm tube is still a 25mm tube.

But it's darn small, light, and on a rifle properly fitted to your cheek and eye, it's going to be fast, fast fast.

Cost? $79-99 at Cabela's depending on the sale. I plan to put one on a turkey gun one day.

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2318 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
Ultra Dot is the way to go. They are guarenteed for life and will stand up without a wimper

http://www.ultradotusa.com/

A 9mm may expand to a larger diameter, but a 45 ain't going to shrink

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill

Posts: 5077 | Location: USA | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Docter Optic is the way to go.

I shot mine today.

Whe you consider quality, size, and price nothing else even comes close, IMHO.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote