New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone heard of this scope?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A friend of mine called a few minutes ago and stumped me. He asked what I knew about a Iorvaldada scope. Said it is supposed to be made in Germany. High dollar! Have any of you heard of them? How do they compare to Zeiss & Swarovski?

Stephen Grant 500BPE
Joseph Harkom 450BPE

Posts: 625 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 21 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
IOR Valada, East German originally a good scope comparable to Zeiss but a bit heavier. Was the old Zeiss Jena factory but was inside East Germany after the war.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Smithrjd,
Thanks! Good information. This helps a lot. I will pass this on.
If anyone has used one, Please comment...
ND

Stephen Grant 500BPE
Joseph Harkom 450BPE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was under the impression that IOR Valdada was Romanian. Their website And the old Zeiss Jena plant was now Dr. Optics. Either way, suppose to be good stuff.

LWD

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GrosVentreGeorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LWD:
I was under the impression that IOR Valdada was Romanian. Their website And the old Zeiss Jena plant was now Dr. Optics. Either way, suppose to be good stuff.

LWD
I second that

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton

Posts: 427 | Location: The Big Sky aka Dodson, MT | Registered: 22 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Might have gotten things confused, Valdada.com is the home sight. Appears that the company is based in Romania but uses German Schott glass from the old Zeiss Jena plant. Either way the ones I have seen are a good scope with quality up with Zeiss.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You guys are great!!! I think the Schott glass says it all. I appreciate all that contributed to my question. I am going to recommend that my friend purchases this scope. It is priced $600 under retail.
ND

Stephen Grant 500BPE
Joseph Harkom 450BPE