Find
Notify
Tools

Best 30 mm scope under $500
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Coltchris
posted
Considering buying a 30 mm scope in the 3-10 X range under $500. Right now, the Burris Euro Diamond 2.5-10x44 looks most inviting in that price range. Anybody got any better suggestions considering quality & price?

Talk is cheap - except when Congress does it.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to
take an ass whoopin'

NRA Life Member

Posts: 837 | Location: NW Michigan | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd probably buy a Conquest 3.5-10x, in a 1 in tube of course.

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Look around and see if you can find a Leupold European scope. Kudude

Posts: 1473 | Location: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Coltchris
posted Hide Post
I totally agree on the Zeiss (own 4), but I need a 30 mm to fit the rings on a .338 Win. Sako Finnbear Deluxe that I got a helluva buy on a couple years ago. Considered replacing rings with 1", but kinda want to keep the original Sako rings. Not real familiar with the Leupold European; is it still made? Not many Leupold's in 30 mm for under $500!!!

take an ass whoopin'

NRA Life Member

Posts: 837 | Location: NW Michigan | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Euro 30's are still around and a lot less than $500. I have a 2-7x on my 7x57 that has been drug all over the world. It is a pretty darn good scope and doesn't look silly on a smaller rifle like some 30mm scopes do.

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Coltchris
posted Hide Post
Thanks; I did finally find them. I'm assuming the glass quality & coatings are similar to the VX11, not the VX111, correct?

take an ass whoopin'

NRA Life Member