Notify
Tools

Weaver K2.5 on 9.3x62
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bren7X64
posted
Hi all,

I had a 9.3x62 built a little while ago.

It is on a Brno ZKK600 action with the pop-up peepsight.

Now, I find that under ideal conditions I can see fine. The peep is a magic ghost ring and the front sight is pretty visible.

Until my eyes get tired or there is too much glare or the conditions aren't ideal anymore (too much glare in Austraia, you say? - NEVER) Wink

As a result I want to mount a low-powered scope on there, and I have an old Weaver K2.5 with a dot reticle - easily the best running animal reticle, bar none, but that's my opinion.

Do you think this old master, dating from the 70's will be able to take the punch from the 9.3?

--
Promise me, when I die, don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told I her I paid for them.

Posts: 1048 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 03 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Well, my old K-series Weavers certainly took the punch of my light old 1950 Husqvarna Sporter in 9.3x62 for many years.

I believe I probably upgraded to some better optics since then, but I've got it buried so deep in the vault right now that I can't find it to look & see. (I've been looking for it for several days now, so I can put its nice new [to me] original stock on it.)

No such luck yet, but about next Monday or Tuesday the search will hopefully get easier. My local dealer friend is dropping by to pick up a dozen or so of the guilty of crowding denizens from in there to put on consignment in his downtown gun store.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
local dealer friend is dropping by to pick up a dozen or so of the guilty of crowding denizens from in there to put on consignment in his downtown gun store.

Anything of interest? :-)

Posts: 20139 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The old El Paso Weavers were pretty recoil resistant. I wouldn't hesitate to use it.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Finn used a K2.5 with Weaver steel mounts on his 375 H&H. Rock solid and never failed him.

El Paso Weavers make a lot of the scopes sold today look like junk.

One of Us
Picture of Bren7X64
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys - looks like it's going on there.

--
Promise me, when I die, don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told I her I paid for them.

Posts: 1048 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 03 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Finn Aagard used a K2.5 on his .375 H&H in Africa.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote