New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bore Sighter
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Looking for suggestions for a bore sighter...is it worth the money? What have you found to be the best product on the market?

Posts: 266 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
I'm sure there are better ones on the market than my Tasco bore sighter. Seems though that it either works on doesn't and mine works great and has for years.

Bore sighters don't have to be waterproof or shockproof just idiot proof and I'm firmly demonstrated mine is. Big Grin

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sweeney Site-a-Line from Brownells. I've had mine for twelve years. It uses an "X" to zero as opposed to a grid.

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Cabelas laser bore sight with differant arbors works great.You can now get it with reticle level feature.

It's always so quiet when the goldfish die.(Bror Blixen)

DRSS
Merkel 470 NE

one of us
posted Hide Post
AndreC: I am VERY happy with my new Leupold "Zero Point Magnetic Illuminated Boresighter"!
I don't know HOW it works - it just does!
For decades I have used my old reliable Bushnell "spud" type boresighter! It has worked pretty well for me.
Now, this Leupold just magnetizes onto the muzzle, with no spuds, and somehow allows alignment of the bore with the scope?
It also solved my problem of no 20 caliber spuds and no 17 caliber spuds for my old reliable Bushnell!
I have tested the Bushnell and the Leupold on the same Rifles several times now. The Leupold works every bit as well as the old spud model Bushnell!
I don't know how?
It just does!
I am sure happy with the Leupold even though it is made in China!!!!!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i've used the seeny for years, but the best and cheapest is still to look down the barrel and a target and adjust from there

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
i've used the seeny for years, but the best and cheapest is still to look down the barrel and a target and adjust from there

I agree. A client gave me a Bushnell and a bunch of other stuff as a tip after a moose-hunt 36 years ago. It works fine. Our club keeps a Sweeney in the range shack at the rifle range. It works well too. BUT, I only use those for very rough "get on the paper" sighting. I find that looking down the bore and adjusting the scope to center on the same object the bore is centered on works even better.

So, the bore sighters are used by me pretty much only when it's something like a Garand or a M94 Winnie, or some other such contrary contraption Wink where I can't look down the bore.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote