Find
Notify
Tools

Choice of Leupold scopes
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted
I will be buying another straight tubed scope for a rifle project. Up until now I've been satisfied with the 1.5-5 X 20mm Leupold scope, but now I see there is a new 1.5-6 X 24mm straight tubed Leupold. Has anyone any experience with the new scope? It will go on a 404 Jeffery.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one and it is not as bright as my S&B or Swarovski 1.25x4. It is not even close in brightness to my S&B 1.75x6 but that has a front bell. Try to find one of the straight tubed Nightforce 2.x10 scopes. They are straight tubed and tough as nails for about the same money as the Leupold VX7 complete with illuminated reticle.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I didn't know that Nightforce made a straight tubed scope. I'll look it up.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have you considered the Nikon African 1x4? I just installed one on a double rifle and am very impressed.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6604 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wink: The Nightforce I'm referring to has been discontinued but are still available. It is a 2.5x10 x24MM straight tube. I know Euro Optics has been closing them out at attractive prices.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LJS:
Wink: The Nightforce I'm referring to has been discontinued but are still available. It is a 2.5x10 x24MM straight tube. I know Euro Optics has been closing them out at attractive prices.

Nightforce makes a 1X4 straight tube scope. I have a 2.5X10 straight tube scope that I would sell if interested

A 9mm may expand to a larger diameter, but a 45 ain't going to shrink

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill

Posts: 5077 | Location: USA | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote