New
Find
Notify
Tools

weaver v7-1 ? and opinion
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I bought a rifle which had a weaver 2-7 older scope on it .Wondering were they any good ? i was going to sell another rifle and was going to sell it, on it ! but i thought maybe would be better keeping it! any opinions ?

Posts: 625 | Location: Australia | Registered: 07 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My brother has a Weaver 2-7X microtrac on his Marlin 336A (1970's vintage rifle). I like the quality of the optics. It has a plex reticle, and has crisp edge-to edge field of view. He's never had a problem with it.

Keep it. I've seen a few of them on the internet. They are selling in the $100-125 range.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't think that the optical quality on the older Weavers is all that great. Also, the turret spacing on the V7 sometimes requires you to use extension rings. I've owned at least 1 V7 since I got my 1st in 1969/1970 that is mounted on a Remington 660 in 6MM. It has worked fine for nearly 40 years, but it is not as bright or sharp as the current production Weaver and Nikon entry level 2-7x scopes. OK for a rifle that is going to be a occassional user that you want to look "period", but many not good enough for your "go to" primary hunting rifle.

Jeff

Posts: 993 | Location: Omaha, NE, USA | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With Quote