New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scope suggestions
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I recently purchased a Mauser in 7x64, it is a nice rifle, the only thing I personally find lacking is the scope. It is a Pacor(?) and while it is in very nice shape, mostly clear, and has a nice reticle, it is a fixed 4x and I need more scope from 100-300yds.

The rifle has claw mounts and a 2 leaf rear sight. If I could hit anything with the rear sight I would use it...

So I was thinking another set of claws and another scope. So to the question. What would look good on a Pre-WWII mauser? I cannot afford Schmidt and Bender even being a dealer, so do not suggest them Smiler

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com
Follow us on Instagram and YouTube

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

Posts: 1489 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of hunt99
posted Hide Post
For the money, you cannot go wrong with a Leupold scope; there are dozens to choose from but you can get a real nice scope for less than $500. I think the VX-3 are a good value.

I hunt to live and live to hunt!

Posts: 299 | Location: Big Sky Country! | Registered: 19 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
another set of claw mounts?? hope you have deep pockets. they will cost as much as the scope

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Zeiss Conquest, without doubt the best scope for the money if you don't wont to spend on a Schmidt&Bender.

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo, I will look into the Zeiss, I have a 4-14 that I use for load development and love it.

butchloc, I will fit them myself. So, yes, they will cost a lot, not in cash spent, but rather in cash not earned.

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com
Follow us on Instagram and YouTube

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

Posts: 1489 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 June 2010Reply With Quote