New
Find
Notify
Tools

Burris Z rings
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
How do the Burris Z rings compare with the Leupold rings that turn in on the front ring and have windage screws in the rear.

I am aware that the Burris rings fit a Weaver type of base.

My question is how is Burris in ruggedness?

Thanks

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2640 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have found the Z rings to be very well made but have never used them on a hard kicker. I have used the standard Leupold rings and never had a failure but have heard from a couple other shooters of the rear windage screws breaking.

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1191 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You should not have any issues with the Burris Zee Rings. We sell a lot of them and have not heard of any problems. They are well made and are sturdy.

Posts: 750 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had a set on a .300 Win Mag for almost 20 years and just put a set on a 9.3X64B. They have never moved on the 300. I'd buy them for my next rifle without issue.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Appreciate the help and comments.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2640 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Z-rings are all steel and amply strong. In fact, they are actually stronger than the turn-in type rings since the front ring is the only one to turn in and the rear ring has no fore-aft holding power. Both of the Z-rings grip equally and both have the cross-bar that positively engages the base.

To the extent that there would be a limit to the Z-ring strength it would be if you used Weaver-type aluminum bases, in which case the bases would be not quite as strong as the rings that attach to them, although this is more a theoretical rather than practical issue. If you can find steel bases, that should erase any doubt.

Posts: 13240 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the Weaver Grand Slam steel bases with my Burris Zee rings.
Never used the regular Zee rings though, just the Signature Zee.

Posts: 160 | Location: NE MN | Registered: 07 February 2009Reply With Quote