New
Find
Notify
Tools

New from March scopes
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
March introduced 2 new scopes at the Shot Show. One is a 5x-50xX56 and the other is a 8x-80xX56.They are built on a 34mm tube.
Kinda eliminates the need for a spotting scope.
Butch

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
8x-80xX56.

Wouldn't this be so dark to look through on max X you'd see almost nothing if you weren't looking straight into the sun?

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Homebrewer,
This ain't a Tasco. It is a real scope.
Butch

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch, The uneducated masses don't know about such things.

Posts: 168 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 15 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Boss Hoss
posted Hide Post
Butch---am just about ready to try one but I only have 9.5 oz to play with on my 1k LG's....

Have to change rings and most likely bases for the 34mm tube which will add weight as well not to mention the scope weight increase!!!!

Posts: 1004 | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The SHOT Show ain't till next Tuesday. Did you mean DSC?
You forgot to tell them the price.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I should have said they are going to introduce them at the Shot Show. Don't know any prices yet.
Butch

One of Us
Picture of capoward
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kinda eliminates the need for a spotting scope.
Butch
I might go along with this on a varmint rifle solely used at times other than scheduled hunting seasons. The last thing I want while I’m hunting is someone “scoping me out” for any length of time via a scoped rifle rather than by a spotting scope or binoculars; unfortunately this has happened to me more than once. If that barrel doesn’t move off me pretty quickly I get the overbearing itch to return the “scope out”.

Fortunately March scopes aren’t cheap so perhaps that’ll keep them out to the hands of bozos.

Jim coffee
"Life's hard; it's harder if you're stupid"
John Wayne

Posts: 4954 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 15 September 2007Reply With Quote