Find
Notify
Tools

Weaver K/V series?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted
Does the new K and V series have a full field of view, or does it look like you're looking down a tunnel (dark ring around the field of view), or can you clearly see the entire area within the eye piece? Lou

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3313 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dr. Lou--

I have a V-16 on my .22-250 but for the life of me I can't remember what it looks like down the tube. I'll check it out this afternoon and post later. I'll do a side by side with one of my Leupold 3X9s for comparison.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dr. Lou--

I put the Weaver V-16 and Leupold 3X9 side by side and they are the same in respect to the view. There is a dark ring, but it is the scope tube. You can see all the way to the edge of the lens. I've used the V16 for a number of years and it doesn't do as well in the darker hours at dawn and dusk on the higher powers, but other than that, I've killed a bunch of hogs and coyotes with it.

one of us
Picture of Strut10
posted Hide Post
I've got a pair of V10 2x10's. They're the same to look through (with respect to the outer edge of the field) as a Weaver Grand Slam, a Burris Signature, some older Redfields.......

Founder....the OTPG

Posts: 764 | Location: slightly off | Registered: 22 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replys. I have a Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14. Great optics but it has a black halo around the edge; it makes it look like you're driving through a tunnel.

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3313 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dr. Lou--

Just took in a rifle for load work-up and it has a Swarovski scop on it. First peek through it and I saw the phenomena you are asking about. A considerable dark ring around the clear center view. However, when I cranked it to 12X, it was much diminished.