New
Find
Notify
Tools

ior valdada 6x42
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I got this scope for free, would it suit my 300rum.I don't knoww any thing about them but it appears to be well made I think it has a 35mm tube.
I,m looking at 3to 4 hundred yard shots . what do you think?

Posts: 40 | Location: Scio, Or. | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think that you need a big target, however that is just me,

The scope is alright and will most likely function just great.

Best regards Chris

one of us
posted Hide Post
+ 1. For hunting at those distances, I would have no less than a 10x; for target shooting, at least a 25x.

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mt Al
posted Hide Post
Big D,

I've been using either a fixed 4 or fixed 4.75 for over 20 years for hunting (not competitive target shooting) and have never wanted for more power. This includes a stupid 530 yard antelope shot, many 300+ yard antelope shots and 4 or 5 250 yard deer shots (all kills). Several people I've hunted with have left their variable on infinity power and lined up for a normal 100 - 150 yard shot and had to screw around. The 6x will be just fine in my opinion.

On the other hand the best hunter I know (next office over) uses a Leupold 6 to a billion scope and would hunt with nothing else. He thinks I'm as dumb as a post and he has a lot more nice heads to proove it. He shoots a 300rum.

Its all in what you like.

I you don't want it I'd LOVE to have it. PM me if you want to sell.

Posts: 1073 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 21 October 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have that same scope on a 260 and love it. Do wish that it was shorter but that is the way it goes. Much better glass that Leupold.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1 on IOR glass I have two IOR's now there very clear and bright.

One is not mounted yet its a 9-36x56mm with the MP 8 reticle, it will be going on my sako 75 243.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote