THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    Scope mounting suggestions for MRC Magnum length action

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scope mounting suggestions for MRC Magnum length action
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted
Hey all, I have the above action (358 Norma). I initially had Leupold dual dovetail Mod 70 bases with 1" rings. The forward ring was an "extended" ring (which I didn't really like).
I took the scope off to send gun to the GS, and found that the forward base was broken in half.

So now I am in search of another "more better" suggestion then what I had previously.

Due to scope tube length, it seems as though I am very limited in my options when running the Leupold 2.5-8 VXIII scope.

ps. I talked to MRC for suggestions, and all they recommended was to run a one piece rail...I'm not really opposed to that idea but would rather not.

Thanks

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pm our member kenati, he just went through the same thing. He ended up using a rail, but not the mrc rail as he thought it was lacking.

Posts: 167 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote