New
Find
Notify
Tools

Redfield Illuminator
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just bought a rifle and it has a Redfield Wideview Illuminator scope on it. 3-9x40.
How do you adjust for up and down?
Where the normal adjustment would be it has a dial with numbers from 2 to 6 and I'm guessing that's for yardage adjustments?
But how do you site in the first time?
I searched online for an owners manual with no luck.

Posts: 284 | Location: Hayden, Colorado | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sight it in as you normally would.

I think from looking at one that I had previusly, there is a set screw that you can adjust the 2 setting to the zero point. It has been awihle though and I could be wrong about that.

I have a tracker model now that I don't use, I will take a look at it tonite.

Posts: 270 | Location: Cedar Rapids IA | Registered: 02 November 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
if it is aaccutrac then you need to know the letter as they are each different A is 1.6 inch hi at 100yds B is 2 inch hi at 100yds C is 2.4 yds hi 100 yds D is calibrated for 100 yd zero also if it has a bracket in the upper part it is how you estimate yardage i have an extra instruction manual

Posts: 12 | Location: fairfield texas | Registered: 17 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I took out the set screw and pulled the top plate. The plate underneath (removable) is mark "B": and works as a stop.
My question is how do I adjust for up and down for the first time?

Posts: 284 | Location: Hayden, Colorado | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
you adjust your up and down with the slot as it is marked up or down you want it to be 2 inches high at 100 yds this makes 200 dead on with it on the 200 mark and as you move it toothe other yardage markers it will be close the stadia wires in the top are too used to estimate yardage thru animal size 18inches as too yardage marked on edge of scope if you want the instruction booklet let me know i am aterrible e-mailer

Posts: 12 | Location: fairfield texas | Registered: 17 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tom,

PM sent