THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    So, my wife wanted a Red Dot (Trijicon thread)

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So, my wife wanted a Red Dot (Trijicon thread)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted
After returning from Africa last year my wife decided that she wanted her own rifle. Checking the safe I saw that I had a nice Ruger No. 1 in there in 7x57 that I wasn't using. It's a bit long in the stock for her but that's nothing a hacksaw can't take care of.

Her only comment on optics was "I want a red dot." Right. Can do.

So I popped online and found a Trijicon 3-9 with the post reticle and figured "what the heck". It's lighter than most illuminated scopes by near half a pound and does the same thing.

20 minutes with a hacksaw, one limbsaver slip on pad later and a nicely used Triji mounted up, I have to say, I'm pretty darn impressed. I can see why Trijicon has the following it does. The glass is on par with the Conquest and VXIII I have and the reticle is superb.

I'm starting to think I might need another one of these things!

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2318 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote