Find
Notify
Tools

Best sports camera
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of woods
posted
Got a hankering for a weatherproof or waterproof small digital camera and hopefully someone here has some good tips. I know Nikon sells one that attaches to a spotting scope which might be useful. It will need to have a good macro feature.

SD card would be good since I already have some on an HP that I will give my wife.

Battery life is important.

How about zoom? Haven't found that much use for it on this one.

Waterproof would be good so I could take it wadefishing. Don't know if salt water would ruin one anyway even though it was waterproof.

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i have a digital camera that is 10X optical zoom and its only 3.2MP. i only use this camera for taking photos of live game, mainly deer.

in my experience, you need 10x zoom if your going to take photos up to 300yards, any further and you require a higher zoom. and you deffinately need a tri-pod.

also when you start taking photos at that distance they start loosing quality, so if your buying a new one get one with a decent MP rating if your getting a digital, the next camera id get would want to be atleast double, but thats just what id like.

most cameras these days have a decent macro too. not to mention a thousand other features that your unlikely to use

Posts: 735 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 17 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Take a look at the Pentax W20 http://www.cameralandny.com/cameras/pentax.pl?page=optiow20 or the Olympus 770 http://www.cameralandny.com/cameras/olympus.pl?page=olympusstylus770

Have a great day,
Doug
gr8fuldoug@aol.com
Camera Land
516-217-1000
www.cameralandny.com

Posts: 3702 | Location: Old Bethpage NY | Registered: 08 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Get a camera with vibration or shake reduction, or a lens with same. I use a Cannon S2 IS. However Kodak and just about everyone else makes a similar camera, and the high end stuff all have really good VR lenses.