Find
Notify
Tools

Burris customer service report
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted
I know a number of individuals here have experienced problems with Burris customer service, and I did as well back in the mid 90s.

But just over 2 weeks ago, I sent in a FFII 3.5-10x50 that had a lens work loose in the ocular housing. I've had the scope 5+ years, and this was the first problem I ever encountered with it.

Today, I got it back, repaired and nicely cleaned and with a new scope cloth.

Thus, I felt compelled to report this experience as I give Burris a big thumb for their quick turnaround.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9412 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have to tell you all that my experience with Burris Optics is fantastic. I purchased a box (some 8 to 10 scopes) from a gunsmith with terminal cancer sometime in the latter 1980s. There were three Burris Scopes with one in the original box. Inside the guarantee said lifetime to the original owner and there was a blank Warranty Card. Well after all those years, I decided to use the scopes this last winter. I found that all three needed something fixed in them. Since I was not the original owner, I called Burris Customer Service/Warranty Department and asked what it would cost to repair the scopes. They said send them back to us and we will fix them. They did fix them, send them in new boxes, with scope caps and a soft Burris cloth covering and the invoice stating what the problem was. The invoice said, "NO CHARGE" I don't know how anyone could beat the service I received. I look at Burris like I look at Leupold. Damn good products and excellent service.

Posts: 792 | Location: La Luz, New Mexico USA | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
my luck was just opposite, but that was a few years ago. hopefully since beretta bought them these good experiences will prevail

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've had spoty service with them but just on using their rings and bases, not on their optics.....but one has to ask the obvious question: Why did a lens work loose "only" after 5 years use? What caliber and rifle were you using?

Paul

"Diligentia - Vis - Celeritas"
NRA Benefactor Member
Member DRSS

Posts: 1026 | Location: Southeastern PA, USA | Registered: 14 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought a new Signature Select 3x12x44 with posi-lock. The focus was so hard to turn I thought I would damage it. I called Burris and they sent me a call tag (they paid for shipping) and I received it back within two weeks. It can't get any better than that. It's a good scope (not the best) and the service is fantastic in my experience.

I wouldn't buy their Fullfield II stuff. I have heard of various complaints about those products.

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Paul-The scope that was repaired spent its entire life on a heavy-barreled .308 WCF, so significant recoil really isn't an issue.

This particular scope kept its zero perfectly and features excellent tracking. For whatver reason, the glass on this particular model -- a 3.5-10x50 -- seems a tad better than the 2-7x35 and 3-9x40 FFIIs and actually grades out better in relevant optical test areas.

As to a lens working loose, that can happen to any scope. A fellow shooter who resides about 20 minutes from here had a lens work loose on his .17 HMR the first week he had it. The scope: A new Leupy VXII.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9412 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted Hide Post
I have Burris' on everything I scope. The only one I have sent back is to have a target turret installed. I own several of the FFII's and love them too. From pistol scopes to the Black Diamonds I have had zero problems. I have them on 17s to RUMs. As of right now Burris is all I will purchase.

Posts: 1381 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thats good news I have one to send in.
The last time about 5 years ago took 6 times back and forth to get it replaced.

Posts: 19617 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
Is it just me or is Burris not the scope it was 20 years ago? I have had a couple FFIIs and was not impressed with the optics or build quality. Lou

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3316 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one of the 3X9X40 FF II and it's been a very good scope. It's been put thru the paces. Thanks
31 bertram

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have had superb service and turnaround from Burris. I use signatures rather than VXIII's since I find them to be just a tad better opticaly.

Difficulty is inevitable
Misery is optional

Posts: 1496 | Location: behind the crosshairs | Registered: 01 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I sent a Signature back for cleaning....2 weeks and no charge.
I have two FFII's on high-recoil rifles and no problems and much clearer than a comparably priced Leupold.