Find
Notify
Tools

Buckmar or 3200
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Johnny foreigner
posted
Im looking at a reaonably high mag scope for an HMR. I don't want to spend huge amounts so have decided on either the Buckmaster 4-14 x 40BDC or 3200 4-12 x 40 BDC.
I've not used either but have a Monarch and 4200 and prefer the Monarch.

Also is the BDC reticule on the Nikon useable or is it a bit too "busy" for normal use.

DW

Posts: 156 | Location: UK Oxford | Registered: 12 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have no experience with the 3200, but I cannot say enough good things about my Buckmaster 6-18x40 especially for the price. IMHO, Nikon is the best value for the $$$ in scopes today. I do not have any experience with the BDC reticle.

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Both scopes are very nice scopes, but I personally believe that the Nikon Buckmaster is a slightly better scope.

Posts: 750 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
The Buckmaster is a much better scope IMO.

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Johnny foreigner
posted Hide Post
Thanks all.
Just received the 6-18 and it is a superb piece of kit. I would go as far as suggesting it is better than my 4-16 x 40 4200.

DW

Posts: 156 | Location: UK Oxford | Registered: 12 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just saw some new Buckmasters at Academy Sports, they look cosmetically different from the older Nikon's. Did they change the optics?

Posts: 1547 | Location: Lafayette, Louisiana | Registered: 18 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cheaptrick
posted Hide Post
The Nikon BM is a tremendous value.
Good choice!!

cheaptrick.....out!!

Posts: 238 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote