Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

new swarovski el HD
 Login/Join

posted
I am trying to find out if any one has info on the new HD 8.5x42 el's they are do out jan/09 but here in Canada we will not see them for a year or so. I will have to come down to washington state and buy a pair if they are good. any reply's would be great thanks Jim..

Posts: 11 | Location: Vancouver Island B.C. Canada | Registered: 02 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
They are more then excellent (I have tested a pair in real nature yet), but we will not see them untill January 2010...

Any orders are welcome, but no promisse on the point of time, delivery will start...

Klaus

life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
www.titanium-gunworks.de

Posts: 759 | Location: Germany | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd sure like to peer through a pair of those HD binox, and compare them to some other high end binox.
I know the HD glass in the Swaro ATS 80HD Spotter is stellar, but haven't done a side by side compare with any other spotters.
I think we are the benefactors of some REALLY fine optics today.

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but I hate it when Swarovski does this kind of thing.

It always happens right after I have spent US$1,XXX (which nowadays is very close to US$2,XXX) on one of their binos or scopes.

I barely have it out of the box when it's no longer cutting edge, but instead has been superseded by the latest and greatest. Mad Wink

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13479 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Get a Vortex Razor and you will be hard pressed to see much, if any difference. For the money involved, it won't matter If Swaro or Leica or whover brings out something new next year.

My Razors are so close to the Leica Geovid that the only real difference is the rangefinder in the Leica.

Posts: 807 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You get exactly what you pay for...whether its glass or ass! There ain't no free rides.

If a $700 pr of binocs or a $700 scope were every bit as good as those costing $1800, why would anyone sell them for $700?

Can't get a Cadillac for a Volkswagon price!

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrlexma:
Yeah, but I hate it when Swarovski does this kind of thing.

It always happens right after I have spent US$1,XXX (which nowadays is very close to US$2,XXX) on one of their binos or scopes.

I barely have it out of the box when it's no longer cutting edge, but instead has been superseded by the latest and greatest. Mad Wink

1) well, the old binos are not worthless!
2) this now happened after nearly 10 years of sucessfull EL manufacturing
3) the new one is not available yet!
4) I have also bought due to need an "old" 8,5x42 EL and I am very very happy with it!!!
5) You get the "old" (but only available for at least another year) EL for with good discounts: 15% : http://www.titanium-gunworks.d...ski-el-85x42-wb.html

life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
www.titanium-gunworks.de

Posts: 759 | Location: Germany | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote