Find
Notify
Tools

Redfield vs Vortex
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of adamhunter
posted
I have a Ruger tang safety 270 that currently wears a 3x9x40 Leupold Vari X II. Had that combo forever and the scope is one of my favorites. I'm going to take the scope off and put it on my 338-06 that will be ready in a couple weeks. Since I'll probably be giving the 270 to my nephew in the near future, I wanted to put some new glass on it, but dont want to spend more than $200 or so. I've been looking at the Redfield Revolution in 3x9 and 4x12 and also the Vortex Diamondback in 3x9 and 4x12.

Any experience with these scopes?

Thanks

Adam

30+ years experience tells me that perfection hit at .264. Others are adequate but anything before or after is wishful thinking.

Posts: 854 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You will not be disappointed with the Vortex Diamondback.

Posts: 807 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
no personal experince with vortex scopes but i have a set a razor bincos and there have great optics. I do have two redfield revolutions a 2x7 and a 3x9 and for the money they have good glass but i boxed up both and sent them to the factory last week. I just got sick of the vaque ajustments for elevatiion and windage. There mushy feeling and one click will give a 1/4 inch and the next a full inch. Both scopes suffer from this and the 4x12 will even sometimes change elevation when ajusting windage. One sighted in they seem to hold zero though but resighting for a new load is an exercise in frustration.

Posts: 1404 | Location: munising MI USA | Registered: 29 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Buy another Leupold they just plain work VXII or better.

Posts: 19441 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
probably my advice too.
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
Buy another Leupold they just plain work VXII or better.

Posts: 1404 | Location: munising MI USA | Registered: 29 March 2002Reply With Quote