THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    Does it get more perfect than the Z6 1.7-10x42 swarovski as an all-around scope?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does it get more perfect than the Z6 1.7-10x42 swarovski as an all-around scope?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of PATRIOT76
posted
huge 75' fov on the low end which is larger than all of the previous 1.5-6x models from zeiss, swaro, and s&B

compact 30mm tube and 16 oz

mounts low enough

long eye relief

just a super scope from dangerous game to plains game

Posts: 442 | Location: usa | Registered: 24 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PATRIOT76:
huge 75' fov on the low end which is larger than all of the previous 1.5-6x models from zeiss, swaro, and s&B

compact 30mm tube and 16 oz

mounts low enough

long eye relief

just a super scope from dangerous game to plains game

Even better when you add the Ballistic Turret, and would be even further ahead if the 4W reticle was available with the BT . . . . .

Posts: 486 | Location: Moving | Registered: 23 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
From my point of view it depends hat You planning to hunt with the scope.

The Z6i 1,7-10x42 is a very versatile scope. In my area with hunting pigs at nighttime, I would suggest to take the Z6i 2-12x50 or the Z4i 3-12x50 for gathering more light in the nighttime.

From the technical view, the HD lenses used in all "high magnifition Z6(i)´s (with a magnifition of 15 or more) are awesome and I won´t miss them anymore, but You are definetly right: the Z6i 1,7-10x42 is a very versatile scope...

Take it with SR rail!

life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
www.titanium-gunworks.de

Posts: 759 | Location: Germany | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
be alot more perfect if they'd move the decimal point on the pricetag over to the left a place

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
be alot more perfect if they'd move the decimal point on the pricetag over to the left a place

Sure: You get what you pay for - but some folks don´t understand this very simple rule of economics...

life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
www.titanium-gunworks.de

Posts: 759 | Location: Germany | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
That decimal place gets you from 90% to 95%.

Posts: 6439 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Add the illuminated reticle and you have my scope.
I love it.

Posts: 115 | Location: Sparta (where else?) | Registered: 05 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wonder what we could get them for if we made a "group buy"? Maybe we should check with Gr8fuldoug!

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote