THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    Scope with at least 6" of tube for mounting rings.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scope with at least 6" of tube for mounting rings.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted
I have a slight predicament. I'm having a 9.3x62 being built on a Mauser action I found at a pawn shop. It had already been customized and came with some nice little QD mounts. The problem I am having is that the action retains the charger hump, so the rings are very far apart. The scope was a cheapy, so I was going to swap it out, however, my two current scopes I have laying around do not have enough length to mount the rings far enough apart.

Can someone recommend a scope that has at least 6 inches to mount rings and has close to 4" or eye relief or more?

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think Mount Palomar has such an item.

Posts: 3810 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by carpetman1:
I think Mount Palomar has such an item.

Good one! Big Grin

Posts: 201 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: 22 January 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As I mentioned in another thread, take a look at the Leica ER 2,5-10x42.
The tube is 6 1/4, it has constant eye relief of 4 " and the quality of the glass is second to none.
I use mine on a 375 Ruger Hawkeye Africa and this scope really do impress me!

Arild Iversen.

Posts: 1877 | Location: Southern Coast of Norway. | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe the Leupold 6 power by 36mm has either 6" of mounting span or very nearly so and also has great eye-relief. I've used these now for 25+ years and have been very pleased with their performance.

Edward Lundberg

Posts: 337 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 13 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
I had the same problem 30 years ago when I tried to mount a Kahles 2.3-7 on a Sako Finnbear. After asking five gunsmiths, one solved it by inverting Redfield extension mounts - and they still work fine.

Posts: 5011 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
leupold 3x20 or VX-6 should fit.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
I ended up going a different route. Having the 'smith mill a new slot further back in the base was way more cost effective for me.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote