New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger Rings
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
How close will these rings return to zero after removing and relpacing.Do you have to shoot them in or do they make a practical option for two differant scopes?

Thanks

It's always so quiet when the goldfish die.(Bror Blixen)

DRSS
Merkel 470 NE

one of us
posted Hide Post
i have been useing ruger rings for over 10 years on my m 70 winchesters...i had my smith make me bases that take ruger rings , and i can interchange scopes with minimal loss of zero...at a 100yards a change of a pre sighted scope usually gets me within 1 inch of the bulls eye....the secret is to tighten the rings firmly but not over tighten them
i could not be happier with my set up, and thats really saying something...as im always thinking of ways to improve things
Daniel

Posts: 1487 | Location: AUSTRALIA | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tested a Ruger 77 bolt action 22 Magnum Rimfire with scope mounted in the factory Ruger rings.

Testing at 100 yards, fired five-shot groups, lifted scope off the rifle, reset it again, fired next five-shot group. Did this seventeen times. The windage and elevation changes would never have caused a miss of a deer size vital area at a hundred yards. Statistically, the variation between groups was less than the variation within a group.

Note... Not saying that a 22 Magnum Rimfire is suitable for deer but used that caliber because of cheapness of ammo, light recoil given number of shots to be fired, and decent accuracy at a 100 yards. Plan was to shoot 20 groups, but the tests took a little longer than I had planned and darkness overtook me at 17 groups.

Posts: 1003 | Registered: 01 December 2002Reply With Quote