eyeballing down the bore

Posts: 6440 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Im just a cheap eyeballer

Posts: 124 | Location: Hickory, PA | Registered: 13 May 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've used the grid and the laser. Both work ok to get you on paper.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They all work about the same, mostly you can depend on any of them to get you on the target, then you do the rest at the range..Same with bore sighting..

My favorite method is to fire one shot, and looking thru the scope and holding it rock steady I move the cross hairs from the bullseye to the bullet hole...This way you can sight in with one shot, may take another shot to fine tune the POI..then for myself I move the scope to a 3" high mark at 100 yards, and test fire.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41979 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What range do you use the laser at? I tried 25 yds and couldn't even get on the paper so went back to lookinf down the bore.

Posts: 526 | Location: Antelope, Oregon | Registered: 06 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
I couldn't see the laser at 25yd. I use an ancient grid type Bushnell boresighter.

crappy phone pic. Rifle is 30 ft. from the wall. Wondering if I moved to 25yds if the dot would move up.

Posts: 6440 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote