Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vortex opinions
 Login/Join

posted
What are you guy's thoughts about the Vortex scopes? Thanks J.T.

Posts: 12 | Location: Meade, Kansas | Registered: 13 June 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
I'm using a 4-12x variable Diamondback with the BDC reticule. It is comparable in price to the Leupold VX1 scope here in NZ.
Has a life warranty like the Leupold scopes.

I prefer this model Vortex from the 3-9x variable Leupold VX1 that I had on one of my rifles. The Vortex is good to sight in with positive reticule adjustments that come to hand much easier than the Leupold and the power ring is smooth to use while the Leupold feels as though you are going to screw the scope out of the rings. Good quick focusing and more forgiving eye relief than the Leupold are other features of the Vortex.

Under good light conditions it is identical in optics as the Leupold but the Vortex is a little brighter when close to darkness and the the reticule is a more visible copper colour against a dark background in poor light whereas the Leupold reticule is black and hard to see just on darkness (when both scopes are on the same magnification power).

This is just my field assessment of the Diamondback Vortex against a similar priced Leupold. Both reliable scopes.

Posts: 3879 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
There first gen razor 5x20 is an excellent scope...right on up there with the very best optics. I am in the process of getting my next, a viper PST....I think you will be suprized at the quality.

Ed

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
An easily-turned power adjustment ring usually means a loose-fitting erector tube, which in turn may mean wandering zero with magnification changes.

On the other hand, improperly mounting a scope so that the rings dent, bend, or partially crush the maintube can also make the power ring excessively hard to turn.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote