Find
Notify
Tools

Scope knocked off of POI
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Harold R. Stephens
posted
When a scope loses its zero when it is dropped(in this case wind-age and elevation) can the scope be re-centered inside or do you loose that adjustment forever?

Founding member of the 7MM STW club

Member of the Texas Cull Hunters Association

Posts: 512 | Location: Granbury, Texas | Registered: 23 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TheBigGuy
posted Hide Post
Sometimes if the turrets don't seem to work right running through their entire range eliminates the issue.

Turn the windage turret to the left until it stops. Count the number of turns it takes to go all the way to the right. Back up half the number of turns back to the left.

Same process with the up and down turret.

Doesn't always work but when it does it sure makes me happy.

Posts: 1282 | Registered: 17 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
TBG has given you about the best option, the only thing I can add is that once you have the center position reestablished, bore sight and go shoot.

Posts: 168 | Location: People's Republic of New Jersey | Registered: 03 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Harold R. Stephens
posted Hide Post
I re-zeroed for now. Have mil dots set so I am good to 400 yards at the moment. as soon as my next hunt is over I will recenter and see how it tracks. I don't really twist turrets with this scope it just bothers me that it got knocked so far off by just simply falling over in the rack (gust of wind hit a sign that knocked the gun over).

Thanks for the replies guys!

Founding member of the 7MM STW club

Member of the Texas Cull Hunters Association

Posts: 512 | Location: Granbury, Texas | Registered: 23 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Timely post to be sure. Monday my Combination took a swan dive out of a ladder stand. Damaged the scope bell and at range time on Tuesday found it was only 17 inches off to the right at 50 yards. Took 103 clicks, surprised the adjustment had that much "give", to get it back to "zero". Looks like nothing internal was severely broken and several additional shots confirmed no change in POI after the adjustments.

Don

Life Member SCI &, NRA

Posts: 161 | Location: Reno NV and Betty's Bay RSA | Registered: 13 August 2006Reply With Quote