New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leica Warranty Question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just purchased a pair of NEW Ultravids 10x42 from an authorized Leica dealer. These are the old models with the lifetime sport optics protection plan, according to the warranty card. I sent the required info into Leica and they sent me a passport warranty card with a 3 year time frame? This sounds like the warranty that they are giving with their new binos. Can someone take a look at their warrenty card from Leica and tell me if this is right for the models with the lifetime passport warranty? I'll be calling in the morning but wanted to see what someone else received.

NRA
CRPA
DRSS

Posts: 598 | Location: Texas/CA | Registered: 18 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Are you saying you actually received something back from Leica after you mailed in the warranty card? The reason I ask is because I've registered three binoculars with them and never recieved anything back.

Posts: 1927 | Location: Oregon Coast | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buster:
Are you saying you actually received something back from Leica after you mailed in the warranty card? The reason I ask is because I've registered three binoculars with them and never recieved anything back.

Yes, they sent a warranty card with the serial number of the product.

NRA
CRPA
DRSS

Posts: 598 | Location: Texas/CA | Registered: 18 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It should be the lifetime USA passport warranty on the older Ultravid (non-HD) binocular

Have a great day,
Doug
gr8fuldoug@aol.com
Camera Land
516-217-1000
www.cameralandny.com

Posts: 3667 | Location: Old Bethpage NY | Registered: 08 September 2005Reply With Quote