New
Find
Notify
Tools

Homemade tripod mount for laser rangefinder
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I probably won't use this much, but I might on occasion. It's a kydex holder for a Leica rangefinder, with a tripod threaded insert. It's 1/4 x 20 insert, got it off Amazon. Got the kydex from some scraps at a local gun shop. Heat it in the toaster oven, and molded it over a rifle barrel, and did the final molding with a heat gun. I didn't want to wrap hot kydex on anything that says "Leica"so I was very careful.

Kydex is handy stuff. Might be good for all kinds of optics accessories.

If I am working, hunting season is too far away to imagine. If I am getting things ready for hunting season, opening day is perilously close.

Posts: 111 | Location: Llano Estacado | Registered: 12 January 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
Pretty cool idea, well done.

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guess in a varmint calling set up that would be handy.

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Should be OK for varmints or big game from a blind, spot and stalk from a pickup..For actual walking and hunting I limit what I pack to a gun and ammom binocs and a knife..so the range finder and a tree or rock suits me best..If I don't forget to use it and that happens most of the time..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41979 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote