New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leupold Customer Service
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Found a good buy on a Weatherby Vanguard, 30-06 w/ Leupold 3 - 9X, 40mm VXII. $350 -- about 95%.

Knob cover on the scope had a "crease" where it'd been bumped -- or whatever.

EMAILED Leupold "customer service" on Monday, LATE in the evening, like 10 PM PDT.

Got two new caps in the early, early Saturday mail.

Not the most expensive scope on the market, but for sure one of the nicest, with a bomb-proof warranty and customer service back up.

Leupold. It's an OREGON product, and in Oregon here, a sort of "cult."

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Consistent with my experiences with them. Had a scope a short while back that I was having trouble getting enough elevation. Called them and the lady said "We'll put some shims in the mail to you,what rifle is it?" Two days later they arrived. I'm a big fan of Leupold.

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Yes, they have good customer service & good products (save for the horrible Rifleman series). But you are paying for that customer service; it's built into the price of the scope.

And to clarify what 45-70 Gov't said: Yes, it's an "Oregon product." But all the parts in that product are not from Oregon and not even from here in the United States.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9412 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but the office is in Oregon, and the money spent goes into the Oregon economy -- more or less.

But more than that, "it's Oregon." Just like Kimber used to be made in Gladstone Oregon, but then moved to NY. (And back then, I think Kimber was buiding nearly the whole 1911 from after market parts contractors.)

Leupold is a "cult" in the Pacific NW.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I keep hearing that Leupold customer service is good, but I'm not convinced.

Of course that may be because I've owned at least four dozen Leupolds over 41 years, most of them acquired used, and have never had occasion to need to send one in to customer service.

Maybe should pull my 41 year-old Vari-X II off of my Sako .264 and send it in just to see if they can find something wrong with it . . . . .Nah, then I'd just have to sight it in again, and besides, some fool might drop it and then they'd have to send me a new one, which might not look right on top of a 1964 vintage gun.

Posts: 13248 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote