New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is it a Deal or What?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My local Wally World has the Leupold Rifleman 2-7 x 33 for $139. I have never used the "Rifleman" series, but I have two of the older VXII's with friction settings, and I have nothing bad at all to say about them.

So is this the good deal that it seems? I asked the Walmart Sporting Goods guy, and he says that they are clearing out last year's merchandise to make room for the latest and greatest. He has three brand new 2x7's available at that price. I'm thinking of putting one or two aside for rifles that I build this Fall.

Clemson

NRA Endowment Member
US Army Veteran
CWP Holder
Gunsmith

Posts: 329 | Location: Greenwood, SC | Registered: 06 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't know any better scope you could get at that price. I'd say go for it!

til later

One of Us
posted Hide Post
At that same price, I'd buy a Nikon Prostaff. IMHO they are much more and better.

LWD

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EP:
Don't know any better scope you could get at that price. I'd say go for it!

til later

Here's one....

One of Us
Picture of Jpat
posted Hide Post
I was in the same boat as you about a year ago. I looked at the Rifleman, Nikon, and a Pentax. Surprisingly the Pentax had all the features and the best clarity for a 32mm scope. I bought the 4x32mm Pentax Game Seeker w/ ballistic plex reticle. The BP works great from 100- to 300+ yards. I'm using it on a 1600 Husqvarna 6.5x55. Perfect for Eastern hunting ranges. jp

Posts: 447 | Location: NH | Registered: 09 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
sounds good

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Natchez (sp?) had a closeout on Browning 2-7's for something like $129. MUCH better optically than the Rifleman. By todays standards, the optics in the Rifleman suck.