THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    Warne Maxima Quick-Detachable Weaver-Style Scope Rings

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Warne Maxima Quick-Detachable Weaver-Style Scope Rings
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted
Has anyone used the Warne Maxima QD Weaver style scope rings? If so:

1. Do they stay in place under heavy recoil?
2. Will they work with any Weaver style base or only with a Warne Weave style base?
3. The picture I saw of them only showed one side. I can see that 2 screws come in from the top and the top and bottom of the rings are split. Are there two lower screws that keep the scope firmly in the rings when detached from the base?

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Heat
posted Hide Post
I have a set on one of my rifles and am seriously considering putting them on my others...

1. The rifle it's on is a 338-378 Weatherby (has a bit of kick to it even with the brake much less without it) Wink...

2. Yes, they work with any Weaver style base...

3. Two screws on the top and two screws on the bottom that connect the two ring halves together... The side that the QD screw is on simply moves it's side of the connector independant of the ring....

I take the scope off to clean the rifle and then put it back on... Haven't had to reset zero yet... I've not had the scope move in the rings in anyway whether the scope is on the rifle or not....

To say the least I am very pleased with them thumb....

Ken....

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5386 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
I have a set of those Warnes on a lightweight, 20" barreled 9.3x62 so far all is well and I'm very happy with them. They seem to be holding zero just fine and have had them on and off several times.

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have em on my 375, 416 rem, 416 rigby-no problems at all.

Posts: 523 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 18 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Rob1SG
posted Hide Post
Please see my post above yours

Posts: 1111 | Location: Edmond,OK | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use the Warne QD rings on several rifles, including a couple that are set up with Leupold 6x42 for 1st/last light shooting and Leupold VX2 2-7x33s for still hunting. They have always worked well for me and Warnes, both fixed and QD, are my favorite Weaver style rings.

FWIW, Cabela's appear to be closing out their house-brand of rings and bases made by Warne, the Outfitter Series. As of 09/11/07, the rings are $19 for fixed or $30 for QD in the bargain cave section of their web site. There isn't a full selection of styles, but if they have what you want, you can save a little $$.

I always lap my Warne rings and think that although very little material is removed, lapping prevents/reduces ring marks on the scopes.

Jeff

Posts: 993 | Location: Omaha, NE, USA | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With Quote