New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommended Scope CZ Carbine 223
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a customized CZ Carbine in 223 that will be used as a walk around varmint rifle. Ground squirrels prairie dogs coyotes etc. what type of scope would you recommend for this application. It’s a very petite rifle with an 18 1/2” barrel.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You have a nice rifle. The terrain you hunt will determine the best scope application. If you hunt in close cover and not open country. It is hard to beat the speed and weight of a Leupold four power fixed scope. If more open country, then I would go for the Leupold fixed 6x36mm scope. If you are a variable scope enthusiast, then the Leupold VXII 3-9x33mm ultr light at 8.8 oz.’s is hard to beat.
Chronograph your favorite load and send the scope to Leupold to add a couple of dots for different distances. Keep it simple and you will do well.

Posts: 1023 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
mlfguns
I have a Leupold Vari X 111 1.5x5 that has a fine reticle. I wasn't sure it was enough scope but based on your recommendations it might be a good one. I will be shooting this gun in open country out to 150 yards for squirrels and prairie dogs and maybe 250 for coyotes. Thanks for the reply.