Find
Notify
Tools

Zeiss Classic Diatal 8x56 question
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bwana_500
posted
I recently bought a Zeiss Classic Diatal 8x56 T* scope. It is a German made scope with a 1" tube and a #60 reticle. Can anyone give me any info on how old these are, quality, etc? I have googled without much success so far. There just doesn't seem to be much info on these scopes.

Posts: 425 | Location: Australia | Registered: 03 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Well, it is a modern scope with constantly centred reticle. The early versions of that type, made from around 1975 generally had a C suffix and the T* suggests this century to me. The optical quality of western Zeiss scopes has always been high but I prefer the pre-'75 design for mechanical stability.

Posts: 5015 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana_500
posted Hide Post
quote:
I recently bought a Zeiss Classic Diatal 8x56 T* scope. It is a German made scope with a 1" tube and a #60 reticle. Can anyone give me any info on how old these are, quality, etc? I have googled without much success so far. There just doesn't seem to be much info on these scopes.

Thanks for your thoughts on this. Yes, most of the hits I have found on the Diatal name indicate a 1980s era scope, but this is definitely more recent than that.

Posts: 425 | Location: Australia | Registered: 03 September 2006Reply With Quote