New
Find
Notify
Tools

S&B SCOPES
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
can any one enlighten me as to weather S&Bscopes are all in the first focal plane, or are there spme models in the second focal plane

Has some one got a link to the S&B site...i cant seem to find it
regards daniel

Posts: 1488 | Location: AUSTRALIA | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The S&B zennith 1.1-4x24 30mm dangerous game scope is the only one I know of in the 2nd plane. I have one for sale new in box for $1000 plus shipping and insurance.

Posts: 146 | Location: WI | Registered: 18 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Daniel,

They are in the first focal plane.

Regards,

Blair.

Posts: 4011 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 19 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Daniel,

Sometimes you just have to be patient - it's a long way from the Fatherland to OZ you know.....

sofa

http://www.schmidtbender.com/

Have Fun!

thumb

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blair D Calvin:
Daniel,

Regards,

Blair.
excluding the 1.1-4 zennith which is positively in the 2nd plane.

Posts: 146 | Location: WI | Registered: 18 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by j stoviak:
quote:
Originally posted by Blair D Calvin:
Daniel,

Regards,

Blair.
excluding the 1.1-4 zennith which is positively in the 2nd plane.

Phone S&B, they dont advertise all the options!!! I think you can have most of there scopes in ether first or second, yu just have to ask, and wait. beer

Posts: 85 | Location: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: 11 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 85 | Location: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: 11 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
thanks for the info guys
daniel

one of us
posted Hide Post
GUYS
just an update , the S&B scopes can he had in the first or second optical plane....they will make what suits you
regards daniel

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
For a layman... is the only difference between 1st and 2nd weather or not the reticle is enlarged when zooming?

Rich

Posts: 6492 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rich,

No, this is not the only difference BUT the most readily apparent one, therefore, that's what most folks consider the biggest difference.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
First focal plane:
Typical night hunting scope. In poor light conditions (moonlight, or snow on the fields) a recticle in the 1st f.p. allows you to choose the highest magnification possible in relation to the available light. The recticle will be as visible on the target as possible. In these conditions a 2nd f.p is a disadvantage, because you may see your target, but not your recticle.
A 1st FP recticle also offers the possibility to use it fort estimating distance. In a recticle '4', which is by far the most favourite over here, the distance between the thick horizontal beams is 70 cm at 100 metres, A roedeer that is filling the space between the beams is about 100 m. away. If it is between one beam and the vertical crosshair, it is 200 m. far. This constant factor does not change with variation of magnification.

I.m.h.o. the only use for scopes with 2nd F.P is long distance daytime hunting.

Posts: 223 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: 16 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M 98:
GUYS
just an update , the S&B scopes can he had in the first or second optical plane....they will make what suits you
regards daniel

Daniel,

Bloody nice of them Big Grin

cheers

Posts: 4011 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 19 June 2006Reply With Quote