Notify
Tools

Converting Warne QD Rings to Fixed?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted
Guys,

I have a set of Warne QD rings on a Marlin lever action and find myself never using the quick detach feature. I thought it would be cool to have, but I never take the scope off and the levers get caught on things from time to time. Honestly more of a hassle than I need. Has anyone ever tried to simply remove the levers and install a torx screw to convert them to a permanent mount? I know Talley offers this functionality with some of their rings; I have a set that operates as I'm describing.

I contacted Warne directly to ask them, and while they were polite and speedy with the response, they "don't recommend it" and can't give me a way to convert them. I figured I'd ask the lot of you to see if anyone has done anything like this. I'm not averse to buying a new set of rings, but I'd like to see if there's a simpler way before I do.

Thoughts?

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
I did some tinkering and found the answer myself - that's a no-go!

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Sell them and buy fixed rings; most guys want the double levers and would trade you.

Posts: 17277 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote